Discover Virtual Care at Shine MD
Shine MD offers virtual consultations and skin management to provide greater flexibility to our patients. We are dedicated to making medical skin care as convenient and accessible as possible, and therefore offer virtual appointments with our physicians to diagnose and manage a variety of skin conditions. Your virtual appointment for acne or other dermatological conditions may be covered by the Medical Services Plan of British Columbia, with a referral required.
Tips for a Successful Virtual Visit
- For the best user experience, join your visit via a computer
- If you are using your computer or an Android, use the Google Chrome web browser
- If you are using an iPhone, use the Safari web browser
- Ensure a stable internet connection. The upload and download speed should be at least 5-10 mbps.
- Close other applications that may use your camera (i.e. Skype, Facetime, Google Hangouts, Zoo, GoToMeeting)
- Ensure you are connected to audio and video and that your pop-up blocker is disabled
- Enter your personal information that is requested exactly as it appears on your chart
Your virtual visit invitation code is case sensitive, and our Virtual Platform uses encrypted technology to protect your privacy. If you encounter technical difficulties and are not online at the time of your appointment, your physician will try to call you at the number you provide.
We recognize that an in-person assessment is a cornerstone for safe and prudent medical care. Therefore, we will always make ourselves available to see you in person at our clinic.